I have the privilege of working with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds. One thing that has struck me is that most of us are not reaching our full potential.
The one common obstacle that is preventing us is our self limiting beliefs. These beliefs can range from doubts about our abilities, our worthiness, or even the current opportunities available to us. They can be subtle and unconscious, but they can be hard to overcome.
Some useful tips in overcoming them are:
1. The first step is to recognise them. Take time to reflect on your negative thoughts and write them down to see if they are based on reality.
2. The next step is to challenge them. Ask yourself if they are really true or simply a reflection of your current fears or insecurities. Look for evidence to contradict these beliefs so you can see them from a different perspective.
3. Replace these negative beliefs by focusing on your strengths and untapped potential. Thinking about your past achievements in overcoming your previous tough challenges will help you tremendously.
4. Develop your resilience so that you can see your failures as opportunities for learning and growth. The only failure in life is when you stop trying. Refine your future approach to stretch yourself in developing new skills.
5. The most critical step is to take positive action. Once you have started the momentum, your negative thoughts will have less power over you. Start small, be consistent, and celebrate your successes along the way.
6. Be kind and compassionate with yourself with the same kindness and understanding that you would offer to a good friend.
7. Take quality time to reflect on achieving your goals to ensure you will live the life you truly want.
These simple tips have helped my clients and myself whenever self doubts and insecurities have overtaken us.
Subscribe to my newsletter for more inspiring tips about success.